Richard (Dick) Hudson
Here’s some basic information about me:
- I was born in 1939 in Sussex.
- I spent my first five years in various parts of the UK, followed by three years in New Zealand (1945-8). I spent the rest of my boyhood living in Nottinghamshire, and attending Loughborough Grammar School (which is in Leicestershire). After three years at Corpus Christi College Cambridge I moved to London to do a PhD in SOAS, and have been in London ever since. I spent the whole of my working life at UCL.
- I have a wife (Gaynor) and two grown-up daughters (Lucy and Alice) and a grandson (Peter).
- We live in North London, where we enjoy walking in Alexandra Park and doing neighbourly things through ‘WERA‘ (of which I am the webmaster).
- Here’s a picture of me in Alexandra Park just after I retired: